Submissions must be original works by LGBTI Africans.
African, in this sense, is understood to mean a person who was born in Africa, who is a national or resident of an African country, or whose parents are African (the offspring of at least one first generation immigrant).
Queer individuals are conceptualized as people who express and/ or identify with non-heteronormative sexual and/ or gender identities. Thus contributions are being sought from African lesbian, homosexual, asexual, pansexual and bisexual individuals who identify as cisgendered, transgendered or gender-queer.
- You may submit up to but no more than five (5) poems
- Submissions must be received in a single word document not exceeding 10 pages
- Single-spaced, with 1-inch margins
- Name the document your first and last name, and include the number of poems e.g. _Soyinka_5.com
- Note: Pen names are welcome.
Please send any submissions and/or queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org